Press invitation We're Smart® Awards
What is the Best Vegetable Restaurant in the world? Who are the Vegetable Lady Chefs 2023? And which food innovations are leading the way to a healthy and sustainable future?
Press event, book launch + We're Smart Awards ceremony: 23 and 24 October 2023, Théâtre du Vaudeville (Brussels)
- World's Best Vegetable Chefs accept prestigious We're Smart Awards and We're Smart Discovery Awards at the live awards ceremony in Brussels
- Remarkable and innovative food initiatives for an ecological and sustainable lifestyle to receive We're Smart Future Awards
- Honoring Best Vegetable Lady Chefs of the World 2023: inspiring female vegetable chefs put in the spotlight
- Launch of We're Smart Green Guide 2023 and announcement of the new Top 100 Vegetable Restaurants of the World
- Presentation of first Radilicious cookbook
- Presentation of tightened rules
We're Smart, the undisputed reference in the culinary world of fruits and vegetables, will present its annual We're Smart Awards at a prestigious live show on 24 October. There will be awards for the Best Vegetable Restaurant of the World, the Best Lady Vegetable Chefs, and a selection of remarkable, sustainable and healthy food innovations. The awards ceremony will take place at the Théâtre du Vaudeville in Brussels.
In keeping with the annual tradition, the Discovery and Future Awards honor the best restaurants and initiatives promoting healthy ecological lifestyles. In addition, We're Smart will inaugurate the Best Vegetable Lady Chefs of the World awards, designed to spotlight inspiring female vegetable chefs.
Green Guide 2023 and Top 100
Which restaurants will gain a coveted spot in this year's We're Smart Green Guide 2023? The online gourmet guide reviews some 1,200 restaurants in 50 countries worldwide and ranks them from one to five radishes, based on the culinary use of fruits and vegetables. See who rises or falls in the rankings, and discover newcomers. We're Smart compiled a Top 10 of the best vegetable restaurants from 15 countries.
This year’s restaurant rankings reflect tightened rules. For example, a Five-Radish restaurant, the highest possible award, must be a true pioneer in fruit and vegetables and must now offer a 100% pure plant menu. These restaurants, along with the 'Untouchables', which ranked number one twice in a row, are the true ambassadors of the We're Smart movement. Today, there are 106 restaurants worldwide belonging to this category.
Previewing the first cookbook Radilicious
On the eve of the award ceremony, We're Smart is launching its very first cookbook Radilicious. This will take place in the presence of several other renowned Five-Radish chefs who will share their recipes in the book. A testament to Frank Fol's “Think Vegetables! Think Fruit!" philosophy, the cookbook champions menus that consist of at least two-thirds of local and seasonal vegetables.
We cordially invite you to the We're Smart Awards, on 24 October in Brussels. Frank Fol, The Vegetable Chef® and originator behind We're Smart, presents:
- Laureates We're Smart Discovery Awards 2023 (in 10 countries)
- Laureates We're Smart Future Awards 2023
- Laureates We're Smart Top 10 Best Vegetables Restaurants 2023
- Laureates Best Vegetable Lady Chefs honored (to be announced earlier)
- We're Smart Green Guide 2023, featuring 22 new Five-Radish restaurants around the world
- Top 10 best restaurants representing 15 countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Peru, South-Africa, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United StatesThink Vegetables! Think Fruit!® Menu 2023
Dates: 23 and 24 October 2023
PROGRAM 23 OCTOBER
Press event Launch of Radilicious cookbook
>> Click here to receive a digital review copy
- 2:30 PM Welcome
- 3:00 PM Word from Frank Fol about Radilicious
- 3:15 PM Photo opportunity
- 3:30 PM Opportunity to interview top chefs
- 5:00 PM End
PROGRAM 24 OCTOBER
We're Smart Awards Show
- 2:00 PM Welcome
- 2:30 PM Start of the Awards Show 2023 - with market featuring partners
- 3:00 PM Ilse De Vis welcomes on stage:
- Mr. Sven Gatz, Minister Brussels-Capital Region
- Mr. Hein Deprez, co-CEO, Greenyard Group
- Mr. Nicolas Decloedt, Brussels We’re Smart Ambassador
- Mr. Frank Fol, Chairman, We’re Smart
- 3:25 PM Presentation of We’re Smart Future Awards
- 3:55 PM We’re Smart Academy: Masterclass “Eat more Plants” by Louis De Jaeger
- 4:05 PM Launch We’re Smart Green Guide 2023
- 4:15 PM Presentation Discovery Awards
- 4:30 PM Presentation TOP 10 of Best Vegetable Restaurants of the World
- 5:05 PM Photos with the award winners
- 5:10 PM Interview opportunities for press (continuously until 6:00 PM)
- 5:15 PM Reception
- 6:00 PM End
"With these various initiatives, We're Smart continues to build a broad international movement of chefs, restaurants, food companies and other stakeholders. Together, we encourage everyone to make better choices, for a better future for us all" — Frank Fol
About We're Smart®
We're Smart is the undisputed reference in the culinary world of fruits and vegetables. The brainchild of Frank Fol, The Vegetable Chef®, recognises and promotes individuals, restaurants, and organizations that put fruit and vegetables at the heart of nutrition.
The annual gourmet guide We're Smart Green Guide features the world's best vegetable restaurants, ranked from one to five Radishes. Each year, the We're Smart Awards honors the best vegetable restaurants and organizations. In the We're Smart Academy, the world's best vegetable chefs share their knowledge with anyone interested in healthy and ecological food. It’s how We're Smart® World is contributing to a healthy, sustainable and ecological world.
We're Smart World was selected by the Belgian government in 2021 as one of the official SDG-Voices, the ambassadors for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
For more information, visit www.weresmartworld.com.
Follow We're Smart World Facebook or We're Smart Green Guide Instagram for the latest updates.
Have questions or need more info? Seek information about the winners of the We're Smart Awards (under strict embargo)? Or would you like to schedule a preliminary interview with the organizer Frank Fol, winning chefs, or Radilicious chefs?
If so, please feel free to contact: